AfriSenti SemEval Prizes
AfriSenti-SemEval competition has a prize and will be awarded to best performing team in each of the three sub-tasks(A, B and C). We also have three leagues for the award:
African League: To encourage African participation, this league is for team with at least one African.
Students League: This league is dedicated Masters and Undergraduate students only..
Worldwide League: Be a participant from any country.
The prize ($500) will be awarded to the best system from each league. For example, for sub-task A, three awards will be given from the three leagues. So, 9 prizes will be awarded to the total number of winners since we have 3 sub-tasks.
Competition Terms and Conditions
The prizes in this competition are to be distributed by the organizers of AfriSenti-SemEval 2023 ("The Organizers") and are guided under the following terms and regulations:
How to enter
- Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The Organizers will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- The Organizers reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Only teams that submit system description paper are eligible.
- Unless otherwise stated, the competitions are open to all except members of the organizing team.
- Only one entry per team is will be considered.
- In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Organizers may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Organizers reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize.
- For each sub-task, a winner will be chosen by averaging the performances of all the languages in the sub-task. For example, for sub-task-A, the winner will be chosen by averaging the performance of all the languages in the sub-task.
- The winner will receive prize of $500.
- The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at registration) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a means to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to The Organizers within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and The Organizers will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. The Organizers reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond The Organizers' control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of The Organizers regarding any aspect of the prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Organizers reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, The Organizers or agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of The Organizers or agents. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- The Organizers are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by The Organizers or its agents to administer the competition.
All our prizes in this competition will be governed by Nigerian law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.
The Organizers reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.